Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Surviving with Low Funds


During the first week in Madrid, Casey and I had ran into a small problem: we spent five hundred eruo in one week! From this, we realized it was time to start managing our money better. There are a couple ways to do this: first off, you need to figure out what bars have cheap drinks. I luckily found a bar that had cheap drinks and a nice atmosphere, so I was of to a good start! The main problem was finding cheap food. Every where you go to eat, it seemed like they wanted you to sit down; not to mention they charge you for water! Eventually, I learned how to say "pitcher" in Spanish and started to order tap water, which was free. Finding cheap food was still my main problem when trying to manage my money until I discovered places that served Turkish food or Middle Eastern food. If you haven't tried any, it is delicious and not to mention cheap! Above, there is a picture of a kabob which is a delecacy within the country of Turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment