Monday, July 19, 2010

Bull Fight


Another thing you have to do if you are in Madrid is go to a bull fight, but only if you can handle an excessive amount of blood. I did not really know what to expect when I showed up to witness one of these fights. It was very exhilarating and they actually kill the bulls! One thing that I did not know was that there is a certain bull fight etiquette that you need to obey by if you are a spectator. You are not supposed to cheer at certain times; since i was unaware of the code of conduct, I cheered very loudly and alot of the Spanish citizens got very upset with me. The majority of the time I was cheering for the bull because the humans would all just gang up on the bull; that's not a fair fight! Something else I didn’t know is that they use horses that wear blinders; that didn’t seem fair for the horse at all! Dr. Wilson was telling me that they use to lose more horses then bulls because the bulls would always get impaled. Now the horses wear a protective sheet that is full of Kevlar. I’m glad that I went to one because it was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment