Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sorry for the Delay


First off, I just want to appologize for taking so long to update my blog. I did not have access to a computer while I was in Amsterdam, so I will write a couple of entries now.
While traveling through Amsterdam, we had no idea where we were going or even what the main language was. Eventually I just started asking people where I could find a train that would lead us to our hotel. After we settled in, we HAD to see a couple of things: if the red light distirct was real and if cannabis really was legal. The locals told me in Amsterdam cannabis is handled like alcohol: if you smoke on the streets, you get in trouble. Therefore, you have to do it behind doors. Yet what was funny was they also told me you can purchase it at any coffee shop in town.
The second night, we actually made our way to the red light district to see what all the "hype" was about this place. Sure enough, it lived up to its reputation by having hookers displayed in windows. They point at you from the window and try to get you to come inside; I talked to one and she told me it cost fifty euro to start. You aren't supposed to take pictures, so I didn't take my camera along with me. Although I wish I did because I saw other guys taking pictures. (You just cant get caught by the cops or the pimps!)
We stayed for two days in Amsterdam and even I, myself couldn't handle it. I'm glad that we went but I like Madrid better than Amsterdam.

No comments:

Post a Comment