Sunday, July 4, 2010

World Cup

Last night was insane! You may have heard that Spain is still in the world cup: the country is going crazy! So myself, Casey, and Mike heard that they were going to play the game on big screens outside of Madrid’s soccer stadium. For some reason, we decided we were going to go shopping instead. As soon as we got on the metro, it was packed full of chanting Spaniards. I looked to Casey and Mike and said "are we really doing this?" They both said "hell yea!" So we got off the train and followed the flock of crazy fans. There was a man selling Spain flags on the sidewalk and I asked him how much he was selling the flags for. He told me he was selling them for five Euro. I tried to bargain him down to three Euro but he would not budge, so i said see ya! He ran me down and said he would sell them for 3 Euro. Well, the shirts came off and we tied the flags around are necks. We headed towards the closest bar and the festivities began. It took about five minutes to make friends and they even spoke English. So before you know it, the bar tenders were giving us free drinks! The best news of the night was that Spain won, which means they play this Wednesday. Now here is where the story gets good: I got lost and had no idea where I was. I ended up making friends with three Spanish girls and went to a party with them. The most bizzare thing then happened: I found Casey on the metro next to a bald lesbian who helped him navigate his way home. The funny thing was, he ended making out with her. After the party, I realized I was so screwed. But luckily I met the three nicest Spanish girls in the city and they drove me home. As they dropped me off, they gave me their information so I could meet up with them another day. They contacted me today on Facebook, I couldn’t believe it. Go SPAIN!!! I cant wait for Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment